The Callie Curling Club
Home to Olympic, Provincial and National Champions
Offering curling to all ages in Regina and area.
The Caledonian Curling Club (also known as the Callie Curling Club) has been one of the most prominent curling rinks in Canada for many years.
The club was established on October 14, 1915. We are celebrating our 101st year this October.
Since its beginning so many years ago, the club has harboured many provincial, national, and even Olympic champions. It has also been a second home to thousands of people over the years who have come to the rink to relax, socialize, and of course, play an enjoyable game of curling.
On 7 October, 1915, curlers gathered in Slater and Finlayson’s store to discuss prospects for the formation of a second curling club in Regina. It was agreed that a second club would not only prove beneficial in the interests of curling in the city, but the additional rink would provide better accommodation for the Provincial Bonspiel.
The Club was officially established on the day of October 14, 1915 when it was given the name of The Caledonian Curling Club of Regina.
C. J. Watson, who had chaired the meetings, was named the first president of the club.
When the club turned 75, an interesting History Book was put together to chronicle the life of the club. We are adding the history of the last 25 years to the book, as well as developing visual displays for the club.